Saturday, August 29, 2009

More Training Adjustments

It's a lazy day waiting on the jump day tomorrow. I saw Don this morning to pick up some poles that just got back from Stanford. We've decided that if I can get on my first 14' pole tomorrow without pushing my run then that's the plan. That would give me four high level vault days before my poles get shipped. I feel fresh so we'll give it a try. Worse case it will be too stiff and I will move back down.

I'm adjusting my lifting from 28/18 reps to 18/12 for the rest of the way as that is my standard in-season ritual. I think this will make me feel a little better on jump days. In fact I skipped today also so I wouldn't be stiff for tomorrow. So after the jump day I'll get back to a more normalized training pattern. Until then I'll hold my breath and hope for the best. Bubba

PS - Looking at my training log I was off two days, had a bad vault day, and now took two more days off. To the outside that might sound odd but from my seat it's making sure I stay uninjured and not over trained. Today is the two week mark of this program and I have already lifted 190,379 pounds and done 154 bar drills. The body has to be eased into that type of training load. If you listen to your body it won't have to yell at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment