Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to My Baseline

In my last post I had guessed that I might be back over 12' in the next 2-4 sessions. I wasn't expecting it to happen today but it did. I knew I would be sore from the heavy leg lifting Saturday but it wasn't too bad. What's shocking is that I made 12' three times on three different poles with the first time being from 22' on my 4m/15.9, easily the biggest pole I have ever used from that run. All I can figure is that I have spent a lot of extra time on bars with straight arms which really increases leverage on the pole. Then when I jump I try to do the same thing AND not allow my hips to break. WOW - three poles up and 1' 6" higher from the 22' run. I had a couple of very average jumps at 12' 6" with no chance of clearing as the pole was too small. This is exactly why I go back down to tiny poles and short runs - to revisit and correct sloppy technique.

I got a total of nine jumps in today with six from 33'. The poles feel mushy so I tried to go no more than 2-3 jumps per pole before moving on. I ended up jumping on four poles from two runs. I also had a heavy running day with 8 X 100 and 8 X 50 hills. On Thursday I'll start from 33' on the pole I ended on today and remain cautious. I'm beat up but not injured. I guess I feel bad in a good way. Bubba

1 comment:

  1. Sorry - 4m is 4 meters or short for a 13' pole. Bubba

    ReplyDelete