Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to Earth & Reality

This is going to be my final post before I head to the airport early in the morning. I found out this afternoon when I couldn't get in touch with Nancy that her mom apparently had a mini stroke. The ambulance took her to the hospital and they are trying to get her back out and home soon rather than allow her to be exposed to all of the flu in the ER. My dad has had a few of these so I'm sure it's a minor setback from lack of sleep and overstress. Older people tend to be more fearful even though everything is done to simplify their lives. I've got the perfect mother-in-law in that she is a very nice person and very easy to get along with. I'm sure she will be fine but at 93 you never know. The bad part is that I can't make the plane go any faster so I'll just have to feel helpless a little longer. I'm obviously in touch with Nancy and my dad is also around if she needs anything, plus we have some really good friends in the area. Update - at 5 AM Thursday morning Nancy says her mom is worse so they will be holding her for an undetermined time frame. I leave for the airport in an hour in will be home in about 26 hours.

Back to the observations, here they call McDonalds "Maccas". I mean they call it that on the commercials. It's still McDonalds but it's also Maccas.

On TV many of the channels are called Fox 1, Fox 2, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, etc., because Australian Billionaire, Rupert Murdoch owns Fox. I bet there are 8-10 Fox channels. That said, they have two FM radio channels on TV and also an all Yoga channel. Yep - all yoga all of the time. Nancy loves that but it's an easy pass for me. I don't have the grace, flexibility or patience. Probably the reasons I SHOULD look into it.

OK gang, I'm signing off until a get home and then I'll decide what's next. All I know is that Monday is day one toward next year's goals with a completely new program that I have been really excited to start. I guess the Maine trip is up in the air as we wait to see how June is doing. Also it's my hope that my poles will get home soon as they were to be picked up today. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again and million times!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment